Lync and SPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When using SIP phone connected to SPS can I control it from the Lync client (click to call, hold, etc)?

Thx

Tombar

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Tombar,

Is SPS a type of PBX? If this PBX vendor has a CTI/CSTA gateway of some kind, it could be possible to get "click to call" functionality (commonly referred to as Remote Call Control).

But you should really evaluate what you want to achieve telephony wise in your organisation. Do you have a significant investment in SPS? The telephony functionality powered by software and integrated with the desktop provides a much better user experience. It would be worthwhile running a pilot of Lync Enterprise Voice to really see the benefits.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:53 PM
  • Hi,

SPS stand for AudioCodes application server SIP Phone Support (SPS) - connecting low cost 3rd party SIP phones to Lync server.

Can someone comment on such topology? can I have click to call and user features work transparently between the user Lync client and his SIP phone (which is registered to the SPS)?

Thx, Tombar

Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:41 AM
  • Hi,Tombar,

Please read through this article below

http://www.audiocodes.com/sps

Regards,

Sharon

Friday, August 26, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Tombar,

My understanding of this integration scenario is that SPS will allow non-Lync certified IP phones to register against Lync and become voice endpoints only.

I'm pretty sure it does not provide remote call control like functionality i.e. click to call from Lync on your desktop and have the IP phone go off hook and dial.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:52 AM