Disable call forwarded notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Does someone know if there is a way to disable the email notification when a call is transferred? The email says "A call from XXX has been transferred to YYYY". For users who are almost always transferring their calls it is annoying to receive an email whenever they receive a call...

And by the way is this handled by exchange UM or by Lync directly? I can't find any information on this.

Thanks,

Gael

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Answers

• Its the normal expected behavior from what I have seen.Unfortunately there is no granular option to stop the forward call notification separate from the missed call notification (that I have seen anyway). You can of course disable the missed call notification from the UM server either globally or per user etc. See Elan's blog on this.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

• Proposed as answer by Mai AliMVP Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by gael.ravot Monday, May 19, 2014 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are these users delegates for others, or have other people as delegates, and are transferring calls on behalf of other people? It's certainly not normal for a user to receive an email to themselves advising them that they have just transferred a call.. I'm sure they're aware of that =)

Any delegation configuration? I suspect so, in which case the manager will need to turn off these notifications in his outlook voice options I believe.

Alternately, you can always address this the same way that people who don't like missed conversation emails do... Create an outlook rule that simply deletes any emails that that fall into this category (or move them to another folder if required for personal archiving reasons). Not practical for a large amount of users understandably.

Kind regards
    Ben

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I may not have been clear on the configuration. I am talking of users without any delegation, they just enable call forwarding for all incoming calls (by selecting the "forward calls to" option at the bottom of the Lync client). There is no notification if a call is answered on Lync and then transferred.

Usually they enable full forward to their cell phone when they are away from their desk for long. If they answer the call on their cell then they receive the email notification "A call from XXXX has been forwarded to YYYY (cell phone number)". This is send only if the call is answered on the cell. If it is not answered then a regular missed call notification is send. Is that the expected behaviour?

I agree that we can set a rule in outlook but I was wondering if it is possible to disable this on the server side, that would be much easier!

Regards,

Gael

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Its the normal expected behavior from what I have seen.Unfortunately there is no granular option to stop the forward call notification separate from the missed call notification (that I have seen anyway). You can of course disable the missed call notification from the UM server either globally or per user etc. See Elan's blog on this.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

• Proposed as answer by Mai AliMVP Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by gael.ravot Monday, May 19, 2014 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Agree with Paul, For you can disable all missed notification from Exchange Server as He show in Above link of Elan.

For Turn off or on for specific user, you can do that from Lync client as exist in below link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/turn-on-or-off-unified-messaging-missed-call-notifications-HA010175550.aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:53 PM
  • thank you all for the responses. So unfortunately there is not good solution for us... Missed call notification is a very appreciated feature. I guess the only workaround as suggested by Ben is to apply a rule in outlook to move these messages to a folder or delete them.

Thanks,

Gael

Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:05 AM