none
Export local security setting of a standalone Windows 2008 server to html

Question

• Hi,

May I know is there a way to export the local security settings (includes Local Policies, Event Log, Administrative Templates) of a standalone Windows 2008 server to a single file (such as html or txt)? 

I know that "gpresult" can do that, but it only works on member servers. Can we capture similar output from a server that is not joined to domain? 

Many thanks in advance.

Monday, September 28, 2015 1:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

gpresult/rsop.msc works on any machine not matter if it is joined or not to a domain boundary.

Regards,

Calin

Monday, September 28, 2015 10:33 AM
  • hi,

In my experience, gpresult is the only command tool which can export the local security settings (includes Local Policies, Event Log settings, Administrative Templates) into a single file. Not sure if there is a 3<sup>rd</sup> party tool or not. And I have tested with ‘gpresult /z’ successfully on a server which is not in domain.

Please have a try, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

gpresult/rsop.msc works on any machine not matter if it is joined or not to a domain boundary.

Regards,

Calin

Monday, September 28, 2015 10:33 AM
  • hi,

In my experience, gpresult is the only command tool which can export the local security settings (includes Local Policies, Event Log settings, Administrative Templates) into a single file. Not sure if there is a 3<sup>rd</sup> party tool or not. And I have tested with ‘gpresult /z’ successfully on a server which is not in domain.

Please have a try, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:58 AM