ATI Radeon kernel mode driver causing Win 7 x64 to resume slowly... RRS feed

• Question

• There's been quite a bit of discussion on this matter but everyone seems to be using Vista, as well as some of these threads go back a couple years. I'm having the same problem but I'm using Win 7 x64. I found this out by checking the "perfprmance info.--  advanced" performnance issues that were listed. In a seperate small window it says the following prgrms. causing Windows to stand by or hibernate slowly: HP support asst., HP Mediasmart TV resident prgrm, and Internet Low-Mic utility tool (Microsoft). i deleted the previous two off the desktop and I don't know what the 3rd is, having no change. i have gone to ATI site and followed their instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver ("Catalyst Software Suite" 10.7) and it still gives the same messages. when looking through the event log, it says "this driver responded slower than expected to the resume request while servicing this device" w/ the same event ID 351 related to the ATI Radeon Kernel driver and including the following other drivers on earlier dates goin back 3 mos. ie. ACPI for NT, OHCI USB miniport, EHCI eUSB miniport, USB generic commonclass parent driver, IEEE 1284.4 1999driver. Everytime I click on online event log help, there are no results. My computer is only a few months old and runs very well and everything is up-to-date. i did so a driver scan and there were 5 issues that came out. But i didn't know it costs alot of money to get updated drivers?! I would take the time to do it myself but there are some that I just don't understand what they are or where to look and I don't want to download the wrong drivers. I'd appreciate any help w/ understading what could be casuing these messages. Thank you.

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows 7 related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:42 AM