none
Sysvol folder on drive filling up with what looks to be DPM related files - DpmFilterBitmap RRS feed

• Question

• Environment - DPM 2012

Server being backed up : server 2008 r2 with DFS.

This is happening on a non-system drive, the drive has only user shares.

I am only guessing that this is DPM related due to the name of the file I am seeing "DpmFilterBitmap{2F2CA9F4-5BDB-4E09-9CAD-E7DC8CF0923C}" There are then other randomly named files ie:"{6e90823c-d5db-11e1-99e2-00155d833793}{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752}" with a corresponding modified time to the DpmFilterBitmap....  These randomly named files range in size from 6 MB to over 1GB, in total now I have ~22 GB of space being taken up by these files that date back 2 months.

On the DPM server there appear to be no errors and the jobs are appearing to complete successfully. I am wondering if anyone knows whats going on here.

thank you,

steve

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let me investigate this.  Also, do you have local shadow cppies enabled on that volume - if so, that would account for the files that are {guid}-{guid} - those are most likely VSS snaphot files .

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let me investigate this.  Also, do you have local shadow cppies enabled on that volume - if so, that would account for the files that are {guid}-{guid} - those are most likely VSS snaphot files .

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:20 PM
  • Yes I do have shadow copies on that drive, don't I feel dumb. Thank you.
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:22 PM