language packs troubles with Windows 7 sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm using windows sp1 ultimate sp1. i'm french and i want to install en-US language display.

i will not tell you all this now 4 days story (except if you are interested) but my status in now the following :

- en-US language pack is not listed on the "display languages" combo box, but...

- if i try to add the en-US language pack from a lp.cab i've succeeded to get (hard work), lpksetup warning me telling that the language pack is already installed

- lpksetup /u en-US does nothing  too

do someone know either "how to force remove a language pack" or "how to force install a language pack"

thanks in advance for your help

jmR

Friday, June 29, 2012 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this Language Pack listed in Installed Windows Updates of Programs and Features? If so, please uninstall it, then try to reinstall.

Also, you may go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages, and delete the language pack key, then try to install it again.

Note: before doing the second option, please back up the registry first.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Juke Chou Monday, July 2, 2012 7:39 AM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:41 AM