none
2008 Assessment, error generating reports after successful inventory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all -

I'm able to run a 2008 readiness assessment, but when it gets to the stage of generating the reports, it errors out creating the reports. Here is the end of the Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.log file:

<DocumentGenerationEngine 13:59:31> Error:    at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentCreator.GenerateFinalDocument(String xmlData, String xslFilePath, String outputDirectory, String outputFileName, String outputFormat)
       at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.GenerateDocument(String[] customXML)
       at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.CreateDocument(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String[] scenarioXml)   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.CreateDocument(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String[] scenarioXml)
      0   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSink.LogEntry(LogEntryDetails logEntryDetails)
    <DocumentGenerationEngine 13:59:31>  Document Generator:Raising Failed Event!
    <UIConsole 13:59:32> Error: An unexpected exception occurred. Retry generating the assessment summary report again using the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator Wizard.   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.ProgressPage.DocumentGenerationProgress_SetWindowsControl(Object sender, CommonEngineEventArgs args)
      0   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSink.LogEntry(LogEntryDetails logEntryDetails)
    <DocumentGenerationEngine 13:59:32>  Document Manager completed with Failure
    <UIConsole 13:59:32>  Document Generation Completed Event Fired
    <UIConsole 13:59:32> Error:    at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.ProgressPage.DocumentGenerationCompleted_SetWindowsControl(Object sender, CommonEngineEventArgs args)
    <UIConsole 14:04:21>  Called Create Document
    <UIConsole 14:10:37>  Operation Summary Details
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <OperationSummary xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <SelectedDatabase>Mercury 8-5-08</SelectedDatabase>
      <LogFile>c:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator\BIN\log\Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.log</LogFile>
      <ComponentSummary>
        <name>• Report Generation:</name>
        <SummaryList />
      </ComponentSummary>
      <ComponentSummary>
        <name>• Document Generation:</name>
        <SummaryList>
          <ReportUnit>
            <name>Document Manager</name>
            <status>Failed</status>
            <message>An unexpected exception occurred. Retry generating the assessment summary report again using the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator Wizard.</message>
          </ReportUnit>
        </SummaryList>
      </ComponentSummary>
    </OperationSummary>
    <UIConsole 14:10:39>  CurrentDBState: 'RepOnlyFail'

The only thing I can think of is possibly it running out of memory. I'm running it on an XP box with local admin rights, SQL express, and Off2003 SP3 installed. The memory on the box is 1GB (1.5GB is the minimum for MAP - but I've run it successfully with less before).

I've copied the SQL DB and am going to restore it on my Vista MAP install that has 4GB of memory and Off2007...we'll see what happens.

Any thoughts on the error?

Thanks!

-John

http://windowsmigration.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:07 PM

Answers