PROBLEMS WITH WD CAVIAR Green 2 TB and GPT RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a new green caviar 2TB on my Windows Vista Home Premium x64 using a USB to SATA converter on my notebook HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx.

I started the disk with GPT option. Partitioned into two partitions of 50 Gb one another and with the leftovers.

In the beginning everything worked perfectly even copied some folders and files to the new disk.

But after removing the USB drive and reboot the notebook, to reconnect with the hard drive, Windows recognizes the drive as unknown, I can not convert the disk to MBR, I can not format the disk, I can not even get a letter to the hard drive.

I believe that the GPT Partition Table is corrupted,

I've tried using "Acronis True Image Edition WD", "GetDataBack", "Data Guard Diagnostic life. " But neither of them can see the disk, only the "Disk Manager" sees the disk.

Is there any way to reset the disk as it came from factory?

See pictures here   http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/PROBLEMS-WITH-WD-CAVIAR-Green-2-TB-and-GPT/td-p/178922

Friday, April 29, 2011 11:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To format the hard disk, you may need to have UEFI disabled in BIOS.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:26 AM