Internet Explorer 9 Slow Web Page Loading. RRS feed

• Question

• Here at my computer shop we see many computers, recently we have been seeing a issue with Internet explorer 9.  We will go to hit some of the most popular web sites (yahoo, msn, cnn, google, any site does not matter)  and it takes at least 3 min. to load each web site, videos take a very long time.  We have tried using Internet Explorer with no add-on with no success.  If we use another web browser it works flawlessly, no lag at all.  I have seen this on Windows Vista and also Windows 7.  It has been a most recent issues that we have noticed in the past month.  One of the other techs. claim that he just installed adobe flash before the slowdown.  Although running in no add-on and also uninstalling flash did not fix the issue.  Also just to let you know the recent Vista PC was a clean OS install, with all the updates from Microsoft and adobe reader and flash, that is it!.  The Windows 7 recent PC was a tuneup/infection clean up.

Hope this is enough information.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers

• Dissed, as I stated it has happened with more AV's than just Kaspersky.  Also  we only install Adobe reader and flash and ALL the Windows updates. No optional updates though. 

No we are not using IEAK.

We are using default settings and or if they had security settings setup by the customer, so its a mix. As I stated ABOVE /\  I have already tried no add-on mode. I have also reset IE being a basic troubleshooting step. I have no idea why you are talking about google toolbar it is completely unrelated.

This is closed its in Adobes hands being a new Adobe Flash issue with Firefox and IE.  Chrome is unaffected.  Short term fix use Chrome till Adobe Flash is updated.  Or just use Chrome because its the best.

• Marked as answer by Beiler Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:45 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:45 PM

All replies

• What security was installed ?
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Windows 7 had none. Windows vista has Webroot.  We have seen it on machines that have Kaspersky(what we resell)
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:02 PM
  • We just did a clean install on a custom build and then as soon as we installed Adobe Flash and the issue was replicated.  Still looking for a solution other than not installing flash....
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Have you referred to Kaspersky and see if they have an issue with the new version of flash player,

I know Java has been struggling to release hot fixes for it security holes.

Flash player now includes components of shockwave/ complicated flash some what,

Because adobe also has the stand alone shockwave player,

Are you installing both flash and shockwave ?

Not to mention Java and silverlight.

• Edited by ThrashZone Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:01 PM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:58 PM
  • Hi,

Are you using IEAK? what version?

ensure you are accepting the default Ie Security settings.... not your custom ones... Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Have your customized the google toolbar with your build?.... get the latest version from toolbar.google.com (not one that's been sitting around in your build disks for the past 6 months)

Preferably you should offer it as an optional extra that the user can choose to install... it requires a google account to function properly with Ie because of IE's  default privacy settings...it should be installed with the users account, not the machine administrator.

the first step in troubleshooting IE issues is to test in noaddons mode. Not disabling addons from the Addons Manager (requires an IE restart for the changes to have an effect).

try turning on tracking protection and blocking googles urchin tracker

and/or

Start>Control Panel>Flash 32>Storage.... select "Block all sites from storing information on this computer"

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:32 AM
  • Dissed, as I stated it has happened with more AV's than just Kaspersky.  Also  we only install Adobe reader and flash and ALL the Windows updates. No optional updates though. 

No we are not using IEAK.

We are using default settings and or if they had security settings setup by the customer, so its a mix. As I stated ABOVE /\  I have already tried no add-on mode. I have also reset IE being a basic troubleshooting step. I have no idea why you are talking about google toolbar it is completely unrelated.

This is closed its in Adobes hands being a new Adobe Flash issue with Firefox and IE.  Chrome is unaffected.  Short term fix use Chrome till Adobe Flash is updated.  Or just use Chrome because its the best.

• Marked as answer by Beiler Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:45 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:45 PM