how to remove not needed applications in the package during sequencing RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know how to remove unneeded applications during sequencing.

If I remember correctly in 4.6 I could remove them during customization phase. I am using French sequencer but I believe it will be not an obstacle in this case for providing an answer. When select and element I can only execute it

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:59 PM

Answers

• You can't, with appv5 it's the same as with appv4... you can only remove file/registry entries after the installation (cleanup). To do so you need to pass this step, and continue editing.
    If you are sure you don't need some apps, why install them at the first place? I always try to create a silent installer which installs only the things I need. Addinitionaly you can edit the custom exclution table, and add folders/registry keys from which you know you don't want in the package.

edit
    OK after reading your question again, I think you are talking about the shortcuts; you can modify them afterwards, so do not create/save the package, but chose continue editing..

• Edited by Roy Essers Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:25 PM shortcuts
    • Proposed as answer by kirk_tnModerator Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:22 PM
  • In App-V 4 there was a dialog similar to the one above, but also if you removed something from there you effectvely just removed shortcuts.

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:46 PM

All replies

• You can't, with appv5 it's the same as with appv4... you can only remove file/registry entries after the installation (cleanup). To do so you need to pass this step, and continue editing.
    If you are sure you don't need some apps, why install them at the first place? I always try to create a silent installer which installs only the things I need. Addinitionaly you can edit the custom exclution table, and add folders/registry keys from which you know you don't want in the package.

edit
    OK after reading your question again, I think you are talking about the shortcuts; you can modify them afterwards, so do not create/save the package, but chose continue editing..

• Edited by Roy Essers Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:25 PM shortcuts
    • Proposed as answer by kirk_tnModerator Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:46 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:22 PM
  • no it is not about shortcuts ...

and yes during installation all unnecessary components were removed. Those that I want to remove comes with core App, but they are not necessary.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:50 PM
  • In App-V 4 there was a dialog similar to the one above, but also if you removed something from there you effectvely just removed shortcuts.

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:46 PM
  • Thanks!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:50 PM