windows media player 11 vista not installed properly and must be reinstalled RRS feed

• Question

• the file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6002.18065 where 11.0.6001.7007 was expected. i have tried system restore that encountered an unspecific error, also tried system mech but got nothing. please help.dont know what else to do.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Rick,

As I understood you placed a installation of Windows Media 11 and something went wrong and now error .dll appears, am I right?

I need also for you: what exaclty error msg shows when try open Windows Media Player?

Bart

Bart Kurowski IT Suport Analyst MCP, MCST, MCITP, Getronics UK
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:57 PM
  • Hi There,

I am also getting a similiar error message:

"The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6002.18065 where 11.0.6001.7007 was expected.  Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.  Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft web site?"

When I select yes, it takes me to the website http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/resultsForCategory.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=4
    I then select download Windows Media Player 11 and it then takes me to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx I then select Download now and it loops back to the previous website.

I am running Windows Vista 32bit and am unable to uninstall or reinstall this program.

Jack
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:36 AM
  • Hi,
    Correct answer You will find on Windows answer forum here .
    There is thread which is marked by many users as solved with the same problem.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Friday, October 16, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Hey,
    well i got the same problem.....
    "The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6002.18065 where 11.0.6001.7007 was expected.
    and i tried doing the advice given :

Recommended troubleshooting…

1.     Ensure that Windows Media Player is closed before proceeding.

2.     Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories.

3.     Right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.

4.     Click Continue or provide Administrator credentials if prompted.

5.     In the Command Prompt type the following and press Enter:

·          UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMPVERSION

but when i pressed enter, it jus went to another line and didnt seem to do anything just entered so i could write something else, and i tried it a few times still nothing, so what should i do?????
    please help
    thanks...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:32 AM