exchange receiving duplicate emails for many users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our exchange environment is receiving duplicate emails for many users. This is happening for external mail.

Not every external mail gets duplicated. However, some external senders are also receiving message delivery failure emails even though the email was received on our end.

I've researched this and found that the issue is the senders are not receiving acknowledgement that the email was received so it continues to send (hence the message failure emails they receive).

I'm wondering if our exchange 2007 server has a setting that can be investigated as to why this acknowledgement is being sent out.

We do have a ProofPoint spam filter that external emails hit first. We've worked with their support but have not had any success yet.

Any info is much appreciated.

example:

-D

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:01 PM

Answers

• What do you have between the Internet and your Exchange server?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, February 12, 2016 3:58 AM
  • We have a ProofPoint mail filter. We upgraded that to the latest firmware and now the issue is resolved. Thanks for replying. I hope this helps someone else out in the future.

-D

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:04 PM

All replies

• What do you have between the Internet and your Exchange server?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, February 12, 2016 3:58 AM
  • We have a ProofPoint mail filter. We upgraded that to the latest firmware and now the issue is resolved. Thanks for replying. I hope this helps someone else out in the future.

-D

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:04 PM
  • You're welcome, happy to have helped.

Please feel free to mark responses as helpful and/or the answer as appropriate to close the thread.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:25 AM