none
Task assignments for non-PWA users RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to assign a task to a resource that is not a project web app user and have that task appear in their sharepoint task list or outlook task list?
    Friday, July 26, 2013 1:36 PM

All replies

• No it's not possible. User should be added as enterprise resource in PWA

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Here is the situation that I am asking about. We have users that are not project web app users, but do work in sharepoint.  There may be a time when they are required for a specific task.  If the task is assigned to them in project web app, but they do not have a license for project web app, will the task when it gets assigned to them, show up in their sharepoint task list?  Or is the integration only if you are a licensed project web app user?  And can they access files and documents from the created pwa site?

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Hrishi's answer applies to your proposed scenario as well. We are assuming you are using the 2010 version.

1. Tasks assigned in Project Schedule WILL not show up in SharePoint Task list. They do not have an integration, even if you had the PWA license.
    2. Can they access documents etc., ? I guess it depends on whether you are syncing permisions for the project Site. Technically, you could probably work around the permissions, but as far as I know, if you are using project Sites (and project Collaboration feature inherently), you will need a PWA CAL.

I think you will need to handle this through process:

• You could create them as a 'Resource' in project Web app, which will allow PM's to assign tasks.
    • You could then develop a report to show those assignments
    • If your report is in SSRS, you could set up subscriptions, so that the reports gets sent out by email, for each of the resources you are talking about. If not SSRS, the report (or Resource Assignments View), could be mailed out. 
    • These members would manually report progress to PM, who will then update the project schedule.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:45 PM
  • I agree with Prasanna's advice. PM can track the task progress on half of the resource.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:47 PM