none
Glitch in AD User & Computer snap-in

Question

• When i use this command "Set-ADAccountExpiration -Identity test -DateTime '03/17/2017 19:00:00" i.e to set user's account expiration date, it does successfully and to verify this i use this command "Get-ADUser -Identity test -Properties AccountExpirationDate". After this if i go to AD User & Computer snap-in it doesn't reflect or refresh there. I tried refresh many times but nothing happens.But when i go to AD Administrative Center snap-in, it shows the correct information. I am curious to know about why it is happening. Why AD user & computer snap-in is not able to pull the information from Data Store? 

Pradeep Manral

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Pradeep,

>>Why AD user & computer snap-in is not able to pull the information from Data Store? 

i have test this on my server 2012, didn't find this issue, same processing with yours.

My ADUC and ADAC update the record immediately after using PS updating.

I'm pleased to know your testing environment and glad to help test this for you.

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Hi Andy,

I have also seen that whenever we change anything in ADUC,it also reflects in ADAC and vice-versa. But in my Prod environment why it is happening. We have two domains in a single forest and i do change within a domain.It's very strange when i use Powershell Cmdlets for updating user's account restriction settings it never gets updated in ADUC. If you have any idea on this do share with me.

Thanks

Pradeep Manral

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

Firstly, please tell me what OS did you use for this change?

Secondly, try: repadmin /syncall manually then restart the server or re-open the ADUC to see if it helps.

Lastly, please try dcdiag.exe command.

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:42 AM