Notification - Closure Comments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am working on Notifications at the moment and want to add the Incident Closure Comments into a notification

When an Incident is resolved it prompts for resolution comments and I have found the Resolution comments Context as below :

$Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemResolvesWorkItem' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Incident_Library!System.WorkItem.Incident']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Incident_Library!System.WorkItem.Incident']/ResolutionDescription$

When an Incident is closed it prompts for closure comments and I cant seem to find the context anywhere to show this in a notification? Please help.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• This should work:

• If you create a new notification template choose "Incident" as class.
    • On the Template Design page in the wizard click on Insert ...
    • Filter the filter the list for Resolution
    • Choose Resolution description and click Add

$Context/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.Incident']/ResolutionDescription$ should be added to your template

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by TomWheeler Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:24 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by NathanPulse1 Friday, November 2, 2012 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:20 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

Thankyou for your assistance, I believe this would show the Resolution Description not the Closure Description.

I can get Resolution Comments all ok although I need to get the Closure Comments in a Notification.

Friday, November 2, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Sorry. My mistake.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, November 2, 2012 7:24 AM
  • Does it appear it is not possible to get the Closure comments in a Notification?
    Monday, November 5, 2012 10:58 PM
  • It could be done using a custom workflow activity assembly that used the SDK to obtain the last log entry text...

Rob Ford scsmnz.net
    Cireson www.cireson.com
    For a free SCSM 2012 Auto-Close app click here

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:00 AM