increase file name font size for a user running Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• The user has a non-admin account on the Vista Business(32 bit) machine so is not allowed to make changes(The UAC(User Account Control) is turned off) like increase the font size so the file names are more clearer to him.  When he tries to do it, he gets a message that such changes cannot be done since he does not have an
    have admin privileges. I have an Admin account on the computer but if I increase the font size by logging
    into the admin account, it does not increase the font size for that user but only for my Admin account.
    The machine is a stand alone connected to the network and not part of any domain.

How can I make changes to his account without giving him admin privileges?
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry to that it is by design that only system administrator can custmize text size.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, July 25, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi h_C_87, you said..

How can I make changes to his account without giving him admin privileges?

Could you possibly login to the users account and change it for him by temporarily setting the user's account to Admin? Seek his permission though I guess first..

Regards, pkn2011

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:05 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry to that it is by design that only system administrator can custmize text size.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, July 25, 2011 7:38 AM