C:\ is not accessible in windows 7. Access is denied. it appears i lost all administrative rights.Help? RRS feed

• Question

• help... I cannot access my local hard drive after the system has booted and I have logged in. I get the following error: "C:\ is not accessible Access is denied." I then navigated to the Control Panel, Administratives Tools, Computer management and got the following network error: "Windows cannot access C:\Windows\system32\compmgmt.msc" Detail error code: 0x800704b3 I clicked the Diagnose tab and got the following error: "An error occurred while troubleshooting. A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting." I clicked "View error details" and got the following response: Package ID: Unknown Path: C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\networking Error code: 0x80070005 Source: Engine User: Context: Restricted It appears that I have lost all administratives rights for my login. Can you help me regain access to my local hard drive and administrative rights. thanks,rocky.
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:33 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

How about other users?

If this issue does not occur to other users, I suggest you fix your corrupted user account:

Fix a corrupted user profile

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:48 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 10:17 AM