none
DPM bad user experience RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I was really looking forward the have DPM 2010 in a new release after spending 3 years of development.

Unfortunatly this product is still in a bad shape:

1. Errormessages all accross the please
    - Console Warning
    - Console Jobs
    - Errorlog application
    - Errorlog system
    - %WINDIR%\temp
    - %DPMDIR%\temp

2. UI slow, unstructured and not in mmc standard

3. Agent installation fails

4. Agent server reboots not correctly demanded

5. Agent deinstallation failed due to circumstances above

6. UI crashed while performing tasks

7. No clear error-handling. One Errormessage consists out of 4 Error IDs. All of them are non-speaking:
    DPM cannot create a backup because Windows Server Backup (WSB) on the protected computer encountered an error (WSB Event ID: 521, WSB Error Code:  0x80780021). (ID 30229 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FB)

8. After the upgrade of my working 2007 environment 80% of jobs are currently failing

9. Too complex system integration

10. Linkage between Jobs and JobRuns missing

11. Language Mix - terrible translation to German.

12. Unclear destinction/impact with local windows backup

I believe this again a big mess delivered to the customers. It appears more to be a data prevention than a data protection manager.

Friday, June 4, 2010 12:15 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the analysis on DPM. We at DPM product group continously strive to improve the customer experience with DPM, but it is possible in some cases/environments having issues. If you can give more specific details for each of the issue with more details our PSS folks can take it further, please open PSS requests with each of the issues so that these issues are adressed in any of the future DPM releases. Thanks again for your data.

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:28 AM