none
Not seeing Map Field option in MS Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am wanting to Map the Field of Milestone from MS Project Pro 13 to our Project Server 13 Task List.

I researched and found that I can do that by going to File>Info and there I should see a "Sync Your Project" and the "Map Fields" 

However what I see when I go to this location is shown in the attached image below . 

What settings need to be in place for me to map field from MS Project to the Task list in SharePoint?

Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:47 PM

All replies

• Gantt Chart Goddess --

Like your user group name, by the way.  The feature you show in the first screenshot is reserved exclusively for Microsoft Project 2013 users who ARE NOT using Project Server.  It is known as the Sync to SharePoint Tasks List feature, but since you are using Project Server (indicated by the Publish button in the second screenshot), this feature is totally irrelevant to you.  Has your Project Server administrator set up your Project Server 2013 or Project Online system so that the task list from each project is synchronized automatically with the Tasks list in each Project Site?  If yes, I think that would give you the information you are seeking.  Please let us know what you find and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:44 PM
  • Gantt Chart Goddess --

Like your user group name, by the way.  The feature you show in the first screenshot is reserved exclusively for Microsoft Project 2013 users who ARE NOT using Project Server.  It is known as the Sync to SharePoint Tasks List feature, but since you are using Project Server (indicated by the Publish button in the second screenshot), this feature is totally irrelevant to you.  Has your Project Server administrator set up your Project Server 2013 or Project Online system so that the task list from each project is synchronized automatically with the Tasks list in each Project Site?  If yes, I think that would give you the information you are seeking.  Please let us know what you find and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thank you Dale for helping me catch my spelling error :)  The project does synch with the task list but not all of the fields from Project show up as a column option in Project Server.  I verified that indeed the option is there in MS Project prior to synching with Project Server.  I contacted our admin and she indicated that she could add the custom field.  I don't want to burn my good relationship with that team unless this is the only way to achieve this goal.  I would hate to have them add it just to find out it could have been done another way.  My end goal is to have a calendar on our project site where the team can see which location is being migrated at what date 

1. Making the migration of users = milestone). 

2. Filtering the task list by milestone

3. Default to the calendar view. 

Any other way to achieve this in SharePoint without manually entering the dates? These dates may change and so I want to allow project's scheduling to manage these dates.

Thanks - Sharon

Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:10 PM
  • Any updates about this problem? i'm facing the same issue who can assist me?

Monday, September 25, 2017 1:42 PM
  • @Gantt Chart Goddess, how did you solve your problem?

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:03 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I have O365 with SharePoint and Project. I have the same issue. I have Synced the tasks to SharePoint and now I want to get more fields added to the list. When I go to File -> Save and Sync -> I do not see Map Field, I still see "Sync with SharePoint Task List" and a save button below SharePoint Site information.

I need to solve the issue to continue with my assignments. I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks,

Karthik.

Saturday, March 24, 2018 1:39 AM