none
can't hide subsites in publishing site navigation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to hide all subsites and pages in site navigation, for a publishing site collection. Under this site collection there is another publishing site.

If i'm in the default.aspx page, the only site thst is being displayed in the navigation bar is the root site (so, the subsite is hidden correctly).

But when i go to the site configuration page or another one, the subsite appears in the site navigation bar. If I return to the default page, the subsite is hidden again.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:06 PM

All replies

• You can hide subsites and pages from Site Navigation Settings:
    (Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings > Look and Feel > Navigation)

Under Subsites and Pages section, uncheck "Show subsites" and "Show pages".

zieglers
    MCTS,MCPD,MCITP,MCT
    http://zieglers.wordpress.com/
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:51 PM
  • Yes, I have unchecked those options already, but the subsites are still being displayed, just in the site configuration page, as I have explained.

Today as soon as I arrived, I made an "iisreset", and when I opened the application the subsites were successfuly hidden.

Can't understand what happened, but it seems this iisreset made the work complete...

If anybody knows more about this little problem or its causes, please let me know. Thanks.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:53 AM