Outlook setting up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am getting error in setting up outlook. it is repeatedly asking user name & password.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:17 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Atul Khade,

What’s your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Outlook keeping prompting for password could be caused by many reasons. In case there is incorrect credential cached in Credential Manager, we could remove the corrupted credentials. Please follow these steps:

1. Exit Outlook.

2. Go to Control Panel > Credential Manager.

3. Under Windows Credential, locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.

4. Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.

5. Repeat step 4 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Outlook in the name.

Besides, please also check whether server setting was set correctly. You could go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Double click your account and then choose More settings. In general, we select the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” option and the first bullet “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.

Please refer to this FroumFAQ article for more information about this issue.

You could also check this link for detailed setting information for POP and IMAP account.

If you have more concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 1:33 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

Have you solved this issue now?

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:50 AM