Associating with a library the Downloads item of the Start menu RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I have Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit and I noticed that the Downloads item of the Start menu is not associated with any library. Why?

Since, by default, the %userprofile%\Downloads and %public%\Downloads directories exist for all accounts, how do I create a library containing these directories, and associate it with the Download item of the Start menu for each user account?

In other words, I want to make sure that the Downloads item of the Start menu was as the Documents item of the same menu?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:18 AM

Answers

• If you right-click on the Start button, select properties, select the Start menu tab, select the Customize button, you can enable the link to the Downloads folder to be listed in the Start menu.

It does not link to a Downloads library. Microsoft did not apply the same logic for a Downloads library as they did for Pictures or Documents.

You would need to create the Downloads library, create a shortcut to it, then drag it to the task bar.

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:13 PM

All replies

• Click Start=>select Help and Support=>type create a new library in the search box and search. Select it from the results as well as review the working with libraries topic.

I would not recommend a Downloads library.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Someone can write the correct procedure to create a Downloads library and associate it with the Downloads item of the Start menu for all users?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:52 PM
  • If you right-click on the Start button, select properties, select the Start menu tab, select the Customize button, you can enable the link to the Downloads folder to be listed in the Start menu.

It does not link to a Downloads library. Microsoft did not apply the same logic for a Downloads library as they did for Pictures or Documents.

You would need to create the Downloads library, create a shortcut to it, then drag it to the task bar.

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:13 PM

What a pity! By chance, by editing the registry of Windows 7, it is possible to do this?

THANKS

BYE

Balubeto
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:25 AM