Public Folder permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I have been migrating Exchange off of a failing SBS2008 server. Most roles and functions seem to be working but recently I was told that certain users can't copy contact items from a public shared contacts folder. I assigned these users owner permissions but, although they can see the contact list and subfolders, the option to copy any item is disabled (dim). When I assign these same users their original permissions role of Publishing Editor, the entire shared contact list disappears. Other users are able to copy items but I can't figure out the difference between the users that allows some but not others to copy. Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Some general problems for troubleshooting.

• What's current version of exchange server?
    • Does this issue occur across all public folders with those such users?
    • Try to check this issue via OWA.
    • I assume you have exchange server 2007 for now. What's the result of this command? Get-PublicFolderClientPermission "Path of public folder"
    • Try to remove public folder permission using Remove-PublicFolderClientPermission command, then use Add-PublicFolderClientPermission command to add owner permission for those certain users. After that, re-configure outlook profile and see the results.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, May 8, 2017 2:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:02 AM