Windows 7 only sees one monitor when there are 6 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a multiple monitor display of six monitors and while the system displays on all six monitors, it treats them all as one monitor. When I am in display settings it only sees one monitor.

There is no hint of the other 5 monitors and the same screen shows up on all 6 monitors. How do I get it so that the other 5 are recognized as separate displays so I can arrange the desktop appropriately?

Thank you for your help!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:44 PM

Answers

• This is controlled by your video adapter's hardware driver and utility.  Each of the six monitors must be connected to six separate outputs from the video adapter.

Ensure you have the most recent driver from the video manufacturer and consult the documentation for the adapter and the driver & utility.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:07 PM

All replies

• This is controlled by your video adapter's hardware driver and utility.  Each of the six monitors must be connected to six separate outputs from the video adapter.

Ensure you have the most recent driver from the video manufacturer and consult the documentation for the adapter and the driver & utility.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:07 PM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:32 AM