Cannot connect Gmail to Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have been trying to connect my gmail account to outlook. I have previously had this working for at least the past 3 years, if not longer. I then changed my gmail password, and was obviously required to re-authenticate my gmail account in outlook however it kept telling me that it could not connect gmail despite the password being correct and working for all other google application. I cannot remember the exact error here. 

In an attempt to correct this I read several forums of people who have had the same problem who had it resolved by repairing outlook - which did not work. I then uninstalled outlook and reinstalled outlook. 

I have been able to attach both my other email accounts to outlook (a personal one and a work one). However, I cannot get my gmail account to work with outlook. I cannot even connect the account. 

I am getting the error "we could not create the outlook data file. Please make sure the disk you are saving to isn't full or data protected and the file is not in use". 

The disk I am saving to is not full - it is only half used. It is not data protected and not in use. 
    I have ensured that all the gmail settings are correct - IMAP and POP enabled, app use enabled in gmail and all the settings are correct (as per both Microsoft and gmail instructions) when I attempt to manually set the account up. 

Can you please advise me what to do next to get this to work? It is super frustrating. 

Kind regards, 

Min 

Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks Lukas for sharing the solution to configure my Gmail account in Outlook. Now, I am able to access my Gmail messages in Outlook without any problem.

A big Thank You dude.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 11:49 AM
  • Hi Min,

Please try to add the gmail account via Control Panel > Mail > Email Account and see if the gmail account can be added properly:

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 8:33 AM