Windows Vista black screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Let me start off by saying I am a technophobe so if you can help, please answer in no techie language (make it stupid proof so I can undersand it!)

Gone to switch on my PC this morning, gone in to the normal family user account (which is an administrator account) and I get the black screen.

I tried signing in through the Administrator account and my son's account (which has administrator rights) and I get the same.  Signed in through a non administrator account and the desk top pops up fine.

Basically the problem seems to be with profiles that have administrator rights.  I cant make adminsrator changes through non adminstrator accounts (I had thought about deletin and re-adding the effected accounts)

Any ideas how to resolve this?  (PS my son and daughter are both now on Macs and are loving the fact that I am having a problem with Windows!!)

Many thanks

• Moved by Dale QiaoModerator Monday, May 17, 2010 1:20 AM (From:Windows 7 User Interface)
    Friday, May 14, 2010 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you change your desktop background? Right click on desktop - Personalize - Desktop background....

• Proposed as answer by Jiří Janata Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:15 PM
    Friday, May 14, 2010 11:09 PM