Web app migrated to a farm now the sharepoint app store does not work for sites in the web app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A web app and all it contains has been moved from a SharePoint farm here to a SharePoint farm there...

The farms are on different domains.

The web app in the new farm can't install apps from the SharePoint app store...

I have been told that i must connect the site to the US SharePoint store - how to do this please?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi xyz2012,

To help your troubleshoot your issue, please provide more information about your issue:

Where did you install the apps from SharePoint App store? What’s the error message when you install it?

Please provide the error message and related screenshots with us.

What’s the selection region in the SharePoint store? And what’s the region settings in your site? Go to site settings-> Regional Settings. 

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 9, 2019 7:27 AM
  • The apps were installed from the SharePoint app store when the web app was on the original farm

then the web app was moved to a new farm

now the apps don't work

When i try to install a new app from the app store...i get:

"Sorry, we can't seem to connect to the SharePoint Store. Try again in a bit."

• Other web apps on the same farm can access the SharePoint store

So how do i enable the new web app?

• Edited by xyz2012 Friday, August 9, 2019 1:20 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Hi xyz2012,

Go to Central Administration->Manage web applications->select the problematic web application->Manage Features->Make sure “Apps that require accessible internet facing endpoints” is activated.

Then run IISReset.

Then run command below in SharePoint Management Shell to enable the store :

Set-SPAppStoreConfiguration -Url http://office.microsoft.com -Enable $true

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi xyz2012,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, August 16, 2019 8:49 AM