How to disable/enable AutoCorrect setting "Capitalize first letter of table cells" in Word 2016 over GPO or GPP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, how can I disable/enable the autocorrect setting "Capitalize first letter of table cells" in Microsoft Word 2016 over group policy settings (or group policy preferences aka registry).

Under Microsoft Office 2010 I could set this i.e. per registry:

Path: HCU\software\microsoft\office\14.0\common\autocorrect
    Name: CapTable
    Value: 0 ( == disable / 1 == enable)

Best regards
    cx-2

Friday, November 11, 2016 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi cx-2,

From the description of the thread its looks like you are doing something manually.

so this issue is related with Word it pro discussions forum.

so for better response and better solution for your issue I move this thread to above mentioned forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 1:56 AM
  • Hi cx-2,

I tested this problem in my environment and I didn't find the GPO for AutoCorrect setting "Capitalize first letter of table cells" in Word 2016.

As far as I know you can custom GPO for specified option.

I also didn't find the regedit key for this option in Word.

I can use code to control this option in Word:

Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    '
    '
        With Options
        End With
        With AutoCorrect
            .CorrectTableCells = True
        End With
        With Options
        End With
    End Sub

You can save the code to normal.dotm file, when you open Word it will load the file automatic and run the code to set the setting in Word.

Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Hi Emi, not really.

Your solution is good, but to much effort for my environment. I would prefere to set the value over the group policy preferences only for one time without to have to touch the normal.dot => normal.dotm. (Macro functionality is per GPO disabled).

Thank you.

best regards
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:40 AM
  • Good afternoon

We have the same problem.
    Is there really no registry key for this (anymore) ?

Best greetings

Roger 
    • Edited by (Roger R.) Friday, September 15, 2017 12:58 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 12:52 PM
  • I know next to nothing about group policies.

I would never be broadcasting changes to the normal template on established installations.

One way to approach this would be to put the macro into an AutoExec macro in a template loaded as a Global Template by placing it in the Word Startup Folder. Puttting the template in that folder and updating it could be a part of the network log-in script.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Saturday, September 16, 2017 1:33 AM