How to manage alerts on AD groups? RRS feed

• Question

• How do you manage alerts set for active directory groups after they are set?  I've been setting them as admin and when I go to manage my alerts it does not show up.
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

• AFAIK, when you create an Alert, the method used, like an AD Group, gets broken down the individual users of that group.  So, after the input is done, you can't go back and edit it.  Each person that was assigned can go and edit their own, though.  (Thus, be quite careful using large groups.)

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of Northern VA. (Specializing in driveway-sized roll-off dumpsters.)
    Be sure to click one of them there forum buttons that artificially inflates my narcissitic ego... I mean gives me points.

• Marked as answer by Slynne212 Monday, September 10, 2012 2:57 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 1:08 PM

All replies

• AFAIK, when you create an Alert, the method used, like an AD Group, gets broken down the individual users of that group.  So, after the input is done, you can't go back and edit it.  Each person that was assigned can go and edit their own, though.  (Thus, be quite careful using large groups.)

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of Northern VA. (Specializing in driveway-sized roll-off dumpsters.)
    Be sure to click one of them there forum buttons that artificially inflates my narcissitic ego... I mean gives me points.

• Marked as answer by Slynne212 Monday, September 10, 2012 2:57 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 1:08 PM
  • I was afraid of that haha, no problem so far but that's kind of a bummer!  Thanks very much for clarifying!
    Monday, September 10, 2012 2:57 PM