Sharepoint 2007 - allow access to a single site denying the rest RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In my organization I have a task to give an access for one domain account to a single SharePoint site and deny access to any other sites.

This will be used for audit purposes, so that when auditor logs onto the PC with dedicated credentials he would only be able to see one site.

How could I do that?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:24 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if I understood your requirement clearly. As per my understanding, you want to give an domain account access to a SP site and deny on rest.

By default, no one has access to the SP site (other than service accounts used to create web application and farm admins). So your auditor wont have access to any SP site by default. You don't need to deny access to him/her.

To give him/her access to SP site in reference, you can add him to visitor group for SP site which will grant him read access.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mohit

• Edited by mohit.goyal Thursday, October 1, 2015 4:44 PM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 4:43 PM
  • In our organization all Domain users by default has Reader rights to Sharepoint. Is there away how to give an access to one person to one SP site?
    Friday, October 2, 2015 7:54 AM
  • As per your case, all domain users have read rights to SP. If that's the case, then auditor will already have the required access to audit the site (being one of the domain user).

There is no OOB way to deny access to a user/account other than modifying user policy at webapplication level. You can view following links which may help to achieve your requirement to deny access:

http://www.ashokraja.me/post/Block-Users-from-accessing-the-Site-in-SharePoint-2013-by-Access-Denied-Web-Part.aspx (This code is for SP 2013, you'll need to convert it to SP 2007 code).

http://sharepointcodeblock.blogspot.in/2008/06/denying-user-access-at-site-level.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mohit

• Edited by mohit.goyal Friday, October 2, 2015 5:10 PM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 5:07 PM