none
Use a second time?

Question

• I am running Windows server 2012 Essentials on my Server. My server is getting a bit old now but have a brand new second machine exactly the same spec on stand by. What I would like to know is if I can install the soft where on my stand by machine? ie can I install the software a second time?

Thanks Mal

Friday, July 6, 2018 4:44 PM

All replies

• there are two kinds of circumstances:
    If your server OS is the OEM version, it is equipment manufacturers pre-installed version, license is binded on mainboard .If you want to change the hardware to install system, you need to confirm if it is  allowed this operation with OEM server maker.
    Other versions, such as the retail version, can be reinstalled and activated on your new second machine. If there is a problem with the activation process, contact Microsoft customer service to help reset the activation information.
    It is also important to note that the old device should be formatted after the new device is reinstalled and activated

Monday, July 9, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, I purchased it as a disc so I assume this is what you mean by the retail version. Which if I understand you correctly I can install on my new server as long as I format my old server. Many thanks  
    Monday, July 9, 2018 7:30 PM
  • yes,as you know,If there is a problem with the activation process, contact Microsoft customer service to help reset the activation information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers for me if they help ,thanks
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:41 AM
  • Is there anything else to help you?

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as answers</b> if they help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:16 AM