no audio divece installed window vista RRS feed

• Question

• i was able to turn of the red cross thing but i still have no sond when i go to playback device, it say high defination divice not plugged in. what do i do now plz help.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:37 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

This should be a hardware issue. At this time, let’s narrow down the issue with the following suggestions:

Please go to Device Manager to check if the audio device exists. If so, please remove and reinstall its driver both in “Control Panel – Programs and Features” and Device Manager to see if it works.

If there is a new version of driver released, please also try it. (If you want, please let us know the brand and model of the audio device and we will help you find the driver in its manufacture’s site.)

Considering the issue is related to hardware, if the issue cannot be resolved with the suggestions above, it is recommended that you contact your computer’s manufacture for technical support.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, March 23, 2009 7:14 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

This should be a hardware issue. At this time, let’s narrow down the issue with the following suggestions:

Please go to Device Manager to check if the audio device exists. If so, please remove and reinstall its driver both in “Control Panel – Programs and Features” and Device Manager to see if it works.

If there is a new version of driver released, please also try it. (If you want, please let us know the brand and model of the audio device and we will help you find the driver in its manufacture’s site.)

Considering the issue is related to hardware, if the issue cannot be resolved with the suggestions above, it is recommended that you contact your computer’s manufacture for technical support.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, March 23, 2009 7:14 AM

• Check if the device exists on the Device manage. If not, this can be a hardware problem.

Hope this can help you.

Nic
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:59 AM