People Pane Missing RRS feed

• Question

• I had the people pane on the ribbon in Outlook but it has now disappeared. I have searched the customized ribbon in Tabs and All commands and it is not there. I have also checked the social connector is added in the add ins'. I have reset the ribbon back to default but it is still not appearing on the ribbon and it can not be found with in customize the ribbon option. Help...
    Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Weelass1968 ,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Does the people pane you mentioned here mean like below?

If so, according to my tests, the option of the people pane is related to the Outlook Social Connector add-in in Outlook. If you disable this add-in, the people pane will disappear and you will also not be able to find it in the customized ribbon in Tabs and All commands.

To conduct further researches on your issue, please follow the steps below and see if there is any difference:

1. Make sure you have enabled the Outlook Social Connector add-in first
    2. And then, reset all the customizations via Options > Customize Ribbon > Reset
    3. Restart your Outlook

Besides, as I know, the Ribbon and QAT settings are stored in office UI-files: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office.
    To get people pane back, you may also try to rename the office UI-files and restart your Outlook to see if it works.

If the issue continues, please try repairing your Office installation.

If this is not your case, please provide me with more information related to your issue.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 19, 2020 2:57 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2020 9:48 AM