none
EPT PDP as Template in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• How can we create a simple EPT with only one PDP (without any workflow) to use as a template when we create a small project in PWA?

Thanks

Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Robert156

1. create a web part page,
    2. insert the Project Fields web part into that page,
    3. add the custom fields you want to be appear in the PDP and save the page.
    4. then go to the server settings -> Project detail pages ( make sure you save your new PDP in this folder initially).
    5. Hover the mouse on the name of your newly created PDP and click on drop down,
    6. click Edit Properties. Change the Page Type to the New Project for you PDP.
    7. go to the server settings -> Enterprise Project Types
    8. click on your EPT name , scroll down and under the option New PRoject Page your new PDP will be available for you to select in the drop down.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Robert156

1. create a web part page,
    2. insert the Project Fields web part into that page,
    3. add the custom fields you want to be appear in the PDP and save the page.
    4. then go to the server settings -> Project detail pages ( make sure you save your new PDP in this folder initially).
    5. Hover the mouse on the name of your newly created PDP and click on drop down,
    6. click Edit Properties. Change the Page Type to the New Project for you PDP.
    7. go to the server settings -> Enterprise Project Types
    8. click on your EPT name , scroll down and under the option New PRoject Page your new PDP will be available for you to select in the drop down.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:52 AM
  • Hi Khurram,

Thanks for this detailled process!

How/where can I create a WebPart page which will be available for everybody?

Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:50 PM