none
custom email in project online using csom RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

I want to know whether we can send an custom emails along using csom code in project online,i.e a mail to be send based on project status to few people in CC and with an template.

Please let me know the provision to send an custom emails in project online using CSOM

Urgent help is needed ASAP and appreciated in advance

Thanks all

Sowjanya G

• Edited by GSouji Saturday, December 31, 2016 6:12 AM
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can write you own application to do this if needed - the default emails can't be customised in Project Online. The data could be extracted using the OData API, you could build the application in Azure. Or another approach is to extract the data out of Project Online into a SQL Database then use SSRS Data Driven Email subscriptions to send out the emails.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by GSouji Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:57 AM
    Monday, January 2, 2017 3:44 PM

All replies

• hi all

I want to know whether we can send an custom emails along using csom code in project online,i.e a mail to be send based on project status to few people in CC and with an template.

Please let me know the provision to send an custom emails in project online using CSOM

Urgent help is need and appreciated in advance

Thanks all

Sowjanya G

Saturday, December 31, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Hello,

You can write you own application to do this if needed - the default emails can't be customised in Project Online. The data could be extracted using the OData API, you could build the application in Azure. Or another approach is to extract the data out of Project Online into a SQL Database then use SSRS Data Driven Email subscriptions to send out the emails.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by GSouji Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:57 AM
    Monday, January 2, 2017 3:44 PM