none
Sharepoint Online List Filter WebPart

Question

• Hi everyone

I'm in the process of setting up a text filter webpart, which is linked to a list view webpart of orders.  Users can enter the order number into the filter webpart and then the chosen order displays in the list view.

This all works fine and the correct item is displayed.  however, when the page first loads all items in the list are displayed before a user enters the order number.  I want the list view to appear empty until a user types in an order number.  is this possible as I want to try and do this OOB if possible?

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know the simplest way to achieve this.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi gjayne,

In SharePoint online, all items will display in the list view if the Text Filter web part value is empty.

For this situation, we can filter items in InfoPath form instead.

1. Create a form in InfoPath, and a data connection to the list in SharePoint Online.

2. Add a repeating table control to the form. Right click the repeating table and edit it properties.

3. Under Data tab, change its data binding. Choose the columns that you want to show in the repeating table.

4. add a text filed as filter field.

5. Add rule to the data of repeating table.

6. If the filter field is blank, hide data rows.

7. Publish the form.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi gjayne,

In SharePoint online, all items will display in the list view if the Text Filter web part value is empty.

For this situation, we can filter items in InfoPath form instead.

1. Create a form in InfoPath, and a data connection to the list in SharePoint Online.

2. Add a repeating table control to the form. Right click the repeating table and edit it properties.

3. Under Data tab, change its data binding. Choose the columns that you want to show in the repeating table.

4. add a text filed as filter field.

5. Add rule to the data of repeating table.

6. If the filter field is blank, hide data rows.

7. Publish the form.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Great thanks for that Linda.
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:11 AM