none
project Server and Project Prof RRS feed

• Question

• I am not PM and am pretty new to working with PS and the client. I have Project Professional installed on my system. Working in Project server, if I select to edit the project in the client, the server does not detect that I have Project installed and so, won't open the file. If I go into the project client, and open the Project from the server, I seem to open an older copy of the project because none of the recorded time entries show against the tasks.

Meanwhile, in Project Server itself, I can no longer enter time against any of the tasks on my time-sheet. If I click in any of the cells, they are greyed out. I'm pretty sure I broke something somewhere and don't want to make it any worse. Not sure how to fix this.

Imagine what we could be...if we could just imagine. | Daniel A. Galant | Sr. SharePoint Architect

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:07 PM

All replies

• From the scenario it looks like there are three issues:

1. PWA not detecting Project Client:- You can try the below:

a. Create an Project Plan and save it on the Desktop

b. Now right click on the file .Select Open With and Select Chose Default Program

c. Select Project in the Pop Up and Check the Check box. Use this as the Default Program

The Projects should open the next time in Project Professional the next time unless there is an issue with the installation

2. Older Copy of the file when being opened from Project please clear the cache and then check the behavior

a. Go to File > Options > Save > Clean Up Cache

b. Clear cache of all the projects from cache which are checked and not checked out to you

3. No Longer able to edit the time in Timesheet: Are you looking at a submitted timesheet, if yes click go to the next timesheet and check. Were the permissions modified or the user? 

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:52 PM