Dell Inspiron N5010/Windows7-SoSlow;Tried Restore...but... RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop was running very slow when starting,even freezing.The blue circle just spinning away.It never opened to the start screen,so,I turned the power off.Waited for awhile,then turned back on.A black screen showing Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking,Safe Mode Advanced,and Start Windows Normally.I tried the Start Normal option,but got the same blue screen,with the spinning blue circle.And no start screen.  So Hey,I turned it off again,waited,and turned it on once more.  I got the black screen,and using the Safe Mode option I tried System Restore again; But it (blue circle) just spun...for an entire day.Literally !! So,once more,I turned my laptop off,waited,turned it on,got to the black screen,started it in SafeMode....and here I am...!           I have Mcafee,System Mechanic,SuperAntiSpyware,Windows Manager,and MyIdentity protection services installed.Everything had been working properly for a couple of years,and no viruses,maleware,trogens,and such have gotten through-as far as I know.And my laptop is pretty well protected.                                                                                                                                          I thought maybe it was system clutter,to many temporary files,or something like that.The thing is,I am not truly secure in my computer skills,to go and try deleting files,cookies,and such.In fact,I have left all maintenance up to the programs I have installed on my computer.                                                                                                                                           Well,That's where I'm at,and my dilemma...Does anyone have some good advice they can offer me? And,please,don't tell me to blow up my laptop! It cannot be that bad!

Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:26 AM

Answers

• Orrland

Unsure if you can boot normally but we need some sort of log

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post

If your computer has BSOD' we can use the DMP files as well

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer.  They can be found here

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:11 PM
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:50 AM