kernel power event RRS feed

• Question

• I’m having windows 7 home premium, trying to configure event viewer for kernel power.

To log shutdown event.

After enabling kernel power log. I’m getting weird event saying that,

The description for Event ID 74 from source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

In between I never get shutdown event.

Sunday, September 7, 2014 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hi

I want to know if there is a system problem occurred when the ever log generated?

Because the kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

According to your description, the error occurred because settings on kernel power log or unexpectedly shutdown,   you can find the information below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:34 AM