Active Title Bar size changes notification icon size. Makes it look bad RRS feed

• General discussion

• Title pretty much says it all.  When I change the Active Title Bar size, it changes the notification icon size in the taskbar.

Here are some pictures to explain it:
    1 2 3 Capture2
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• Yea I noticed that as well.... annoying as heck. Microsoft, please change that behavior. I cant stand the childishly thick title bars but I dont want tiny pixelated icons in my task bar either. Why are these two settings tied to each other??? That doesn't make any sense at all.
    • Edited by Zen_Dragon Friday, July 3, 2009 8:18 PM
    Friday, July 3, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Agreed, I can understand caption buttons resizing depending on titlebar size...But it is really annoying having notification icon size depend on caption button size.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:32 PM
  • Very annoying indeed!

Just the fact that the "font size of the windows title bar" (still) affects the notification area icons size! It probably means that Microsoft is totally unaware of it.  Considering the answers from Microsoft support people on ryannazaretian's other posts certainly points that way. 

I bet this is still something lingering from Windows 1.1.  :-)))))))

Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:40 PM
  • What's really weird is that when you change the "Caption Buttons" to another size, the size of the "Active Title Bar" adjusts with it automatically.  Maybe that's the real bug or the real problem, link, whatever..
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:04 PM