none
hdd RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Good Day! And thanks for posting in our forum!

As I understand, you added two hard disks on your computer, but the system did not detect them, if I misunderstood, please let me know.

When a brand-new hard drive is not showing up or being detected by your PC, please follow the guidelines here to get it recognized:

Step1:  Connect or reconnect your new hard drive to the computer

1. Plug the SATA cable and power cable into the new drive.

2 Plug the SATA cable into the SATA port on your motherboard.

3. Power up the computer and you'll likely see that the new hard drive is still not showing up.

Your new drive is not dead. To get the hard drive to show up, you must first initialize it.

Step 2. Initialize the new hard drive

1. Go to the start menu and click on Disk Management.

2. Find your new disk, shown as Unknown, right-click on it and select Initialize Disk.

3. Select the partition style for the selected disk - MBR or GPT, then click OK.

Step 3. Create partitions on the new hard drive and get it recognized by PC

Then you can create new partitions on the unallocated space on your new drive:

1. Open Disk Management.

2. Create partitions on the new hard drive to get the drive to show up on your PC.

Right-click on Unallocated space > New Simple Volume > Click Next to set partition size and drive letter, file system etc > Finish.

There, you will now see that your new hard drive shows up on the computer and you can use the drive to save files and data as normal.

For more information ,you can refer to here:

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/bios-detect-hard-drive-but-windows-does-not-7201.html

In addition, you can also discuss with HDD vendor to seek help.

Hope this can help you, please feel free to let me know if you have any other question.

BR,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 1, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:31 AM
  • In desktop/run/type: diskmgmt.msc  in msc,one can/could R.click on a HD,delete partition/R.click again/create/Format..Or simply L.click on 1,go up to Actions/All/Make Active

Also,in cmd one would type: diskpart  in diskpart/list disk/list volume/& type: HELP  for all cmds

Also,most modern pcs use/run Disk Mgt software/driver,Windows 7 & Intel, use Intel Matrix Storage Mgr.
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:14 AM