none
Where can I find diskprotect.wsf? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have downloaded the Steadystate tool, and am currently looking at integrating it into our current AD structure.

Looking through the notes, it talks about the diskprotect.wsf to manage the disks via scripts, but I cannot seem to find this file in the Steadystate toolkit.

Am I being completely blind (and it wouldnt suprise me this late in the day!) or can someone point me in the right direction where to get it?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Langaleer,

I am not sure where did you find the diskprotect.wsf notes. As I know, Diskprotect.wsf only available in the previous version (Shared Computer Toolkit). Under SteadyState, as different technique is used, we have to turn on Windows Disk Protection (WDP) manually. After that, we can switch mode with scripts. You can refer to the scripts in following thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2117002&SiteID=69&mode=1

As many customers need to turn on WDP with scripts, our product team is working on this issue to add script support to turn on WDP in the new version. The new version (2.5) will be release next year.

Best Regards,

Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:41 AM