Product key for ms office RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased Toshiba laptop Satellite A 205 way back in 2007 in USA.I have never used MS OFFICE or any of the MS OFFICE TOOLS so far.When I am trying to use Office 2007 for typing my letters it is asking for 25 character Product key. I have repeatedly entered the product key which is available on the sticker of certificate of Authetication glued to the laptop underneath (as i understood from the available helpguidelines) Subsequently I have understood that this product key is that of Windows Vista Basic and hence I am getting the error message "the product key is incorrect. Please verify and enter the correct product key.I don't have any other product key with me other than the Windows Vista Basic product key which is already showing that it is activated. My efforts to find out a solution to this problem by contacting MicroSoft Customer Service Personnel at their customer care too were not of any help.After several emails sent by me (although they were responded immediately ) I was told to contact the manufacturer of the product i.e. Toshiba in my case , 'as the laptop must have come with a preinstalled version of ms office and hence they only have to resolve the problem'. When I contacted Toshiba cusomer service they informed me that they do not provide any software support for microsoft office and told me to contact only Microsoft customer service. The laptop is purchased with a valid license which is incorporated in the 'properties section of My Computer'. Now my question is how I can get  a valid product key to activate MSoffice to enable me to put to use all MS office tools. How do I know whether my system has  been preinstalled with the MS office software or not? Thirdly is it necessary for me to upgrade MSoffice 2007 to a later or a latest version? In that case is it essential for me to purchase either the upgraded version of the software ? In the alternative is it esssential for me to purchase MSoffice 2007 software version to get the product key to make the MS office tools operational & functional? Please clarify by answering all my questions?

• Moved by David Wolters Monday, June 10, 2013 1:58 PM Moving to a more appropriate forum
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 3:57 PM

All replies