none
my database instance is not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone help me on this?

I restarted my database instance but is not able to start...

This is the last part of the errorlog:

Clearing tempdb database.
    Error: 17053, Severity: 16, State: 1.
    Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 6.
    The operating system returned error 38(Reached the end of the file.) to SQL Server during a read at offset 0000000000000000 in file 'T:\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log and system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe system-level error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
    Error: 5149, Severity: 16, State: 3.
    MODIFY FILE encountered operating system error 112(There is not enough space on the disk.) while attempting to expand the physical file 'T:\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'.
    Could not create tempdb. You may not have enough disk space available. Free additional disk space by deleting other files on the tempdb drive and then restart SQL Server. Check for additional errors in the event log that may indicate why the tempdb files could not be initialized.
    SQL Trace was stopped due to server shutdown. Trace ID = '1'. This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

I already free up some space on the drive T, but my instance is still not able to start properly.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:17 AM

Answers

All replies