OCS R2, Cisco Call Manager 7.1.3 & CUPS 7.0.7, PBX Integration (Dual Forking) senario doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• What an absolute nightmare!! We have everything set up, but Dual Forking doesn't work. Let me expand;

Standard Edition setup, with Front End, Mediation, Edge OCS servers and Cisco Call Manager 7.1.3 with Cisco Unified Presence 7.0.7

Everything else works perfectly except Dual Forking. That is when under user properties --> Telephony Options, I check "Enable PBX integration", when the uses signs in they get the dreaded "No Phone System Connection" Error. The manifestation of this error (and indication that dual forking is indeed not working) is apparent when a MOC client rings and internal extension; only the other user's MOC client rings, the Cisco Phone does not!

Our issue is described perfectly by another TechNet thread: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsservertelephony/thread/27ba767c-3741-4345-9b4f-5fb739181c65

"So at the moment we have the cisco and the moc ringing simultaneously whenever the calls are originated internally from any cisco phone or externally when dialing the DID. The problem we experience though is when dialing internally from any of the moc clients, in this case instead of the two phones ringing simultaneously, only the MOC rings. This is so since OCS recognizes the extension as a local number; normalising it and then routing it internally making only the MOC client to ring."

However this shouldn't be so in our case, since we are using CUPS which is supposed to circumvent this.

Our Front End server Routing Tab is set for CUPS, Host Authorization is set for both the FQDN and the IP of CUPS to "throttle as server" and "treat as authenticated"

Mediation Server is set to use Call Manager as the PSTN Gateway Next Hop.

Now, as far as user Telephony Options configuration is concerned, we've got:

Line URI: tel:+30210xxxxXXX;ext=XXX

For Server URI, I've played with several setups. I've tried this one taken from http://blogs.technet.com/b/jkunert/archive/2008/07/30/voice-scenarios-with-ocs-2007.aspx

Server URI: sip:XXX;phone-context=dialplan@cups.internaldomainname.com

And this one, taken from Cisco's docs:

Server URI: sip:username@cups.internaldomainname.com

Neither one works.

I'm at a complete loss as to why. If anyone has any ideas, I am willing to try anything! I'll be happy to provide any other relevant info you might deem nessesary!!

Many thanks in advance!

Andreas

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:34 AM

All replies