none
EUR not working on Windows 7 Portuguese RRS feed

• Question

• We have in our company several Windows XP English (with portuguese MUI), Windows 7 English and Windows 7 English (with portuguese MUI) all this can list Previous Versions for the folders protected by DPM.

The problem is machines with Windows 7 in Portugues can´t list the Previous Version. It says Previous Version don´t exist.

Any one have same problem? Know how to fix it?

Joao Vitor Arruda
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:02 PM

Answers

• All,

Including an update for this:

We have found after some research that the problem is´t the Windows 7 Portuguese 32-bits. In fact is a combination of Windows 7 32-bits + TrendMicro OfficeScan 10.

If we "Unload" the OfficeScan 10 on the affected machine the Previous Version is listed without problem from DPM server. Loading the OfficeScan again and no Previous Version is listed.

This problem doesn´t affect Win 7 64-bits or Win XP 32-bits running same AV.

Anyone run DPM EUR feature with OfficeScan in the Clients? Found same problem? Any recommendation on how to resolve this (besides change from Trend to FEP)

Thanks,

Joao Vitor Arruda
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Joao,

I am not aware of any EUR issues with Portugues versions.  I will research this and will post what I find if anything.

Thanks
    Shane

Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:13 PM
  • OK Shane, tks for your help.

If you need some information I can get from our setup. It may be other think but is very strange that any client works except those Windows 7 Portuguese

Joao Vitor Arruda
    Monday, January 24, 2011 10:17 AM
  • Hello,

I have not found anywhere that this is a bug.

Are you sure the clients that work vs. the ones that don't are hitting the same DPM server?
    Can the clients that don't work access that actual share on the DPM server?

Thanks
    Shane

Friday, January 28, 2011 4:48 PM
  • Shane,

I´m sure that both clients are hitting same DPM server. I even run a packet capture (using WireShark) on both connections to compare, same SMB access from the machine to DPM server is tried. For some reason Windows 7 Portuguese clients can´t show Previous Version.

Clients are able to access the share on DPM server if done by hand \\dpmserver\servername\share... etc.. so with this I skip permissions issues.

Any other test you suggest? Or are someone using without problem DPM EUR in Windows 7 Portuguese?

Thanks,

Joao Vitor Arruda
    Friday, January 28, 2011 5:28 PM
  • All,

Including an update for this:

We have found after some research that the problem is´t the Windows 7 Portuguese 32-bits. In fact is a combination of Windows 7 32-bits + TrendMicro OfficeScan 10.

If we "Unload" the OfficeScan 10 on the affected machine the Previous Version is listed without problem from DPM server. Loading the OfficeScan again and no Previous Version is listed.

This problem doesn´t affect Win 7 64-bits or Win XP 32-bits running same AV.

Anyone run DPM EUR feature with OfficeScan in the Clients? Found same problem? Any recommendation on how to resolve this (besides change from Trend to FEP)

Thanks,

Joao Vitor Arruda
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:19 AM