Skype contact numbers not showing on Phone icon in chat window. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm having a strange issue where my users contact numbers (Desk/Cell/etc) are not being displayed on the Phone icon when in chat. I assume the information should be pulled from Exchange which has all the contact info entered.

Here's what it should look like but on certain users there is no information:

What am I missing? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

• Edited by Dubl-A Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:36 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:18 PM

Answers

• If you want to apply it to all of your user just run following cmd.But if you have some site ,pool,user policy ,you could change it as well.

Set-CsClientPolicy -AddressBookAvailability WebSearchOnly  

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Dubl-A Monday, August 13, 2018 7:09 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Dubl-A,

Did you see the Phone number and mobile number in your address book?

If you set your account in another computer, does the issue persist?

Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

If just a specific user have this issue,you could clean the SFB cache

1. Exit the SFB client
    2. Open File Explorer by selecting the  Icon on the task bar
    3. Browse to:%userprofile%\appdata\local\Microsoft\Office in the address bar.
    4. Select the folder that corresponds to your version of Office, either 15.0 or 16.0
    5. Select the Lync Folder
    6. Delete the sip_alias@domain.com folder and the Tracing folder. 

And please check the SFB client policy,if the addressbookavailability is websearchonly in your SFB management shell

Get-CsClientPolicy |select addressbookavailability

If lots of users have this issue,you could run following CMD in your SFB management shell

Update-CsAddressBook 

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 3, 2018 8:27 AM
  • Hi Leon!

Thank you so much for replying! This is a company wide issue. I am receiving after Get-CsClientPolicy |select addressbookavailability:

WebSearchAndFileDownload

WebSearchAndFileDownload

Friday, August 3, 2018 2:16 PM
  • Please set the addressbookavailability to websearchonly ,if this issue will disappear.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Sunday, August 5, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Happy Monday Leon!

So I changed the addressbookavailability to websearchonly and applied it to my mailbox. I even deleted the cache files in Appdata/../Lync, rebooted the PC and I still am not seeing the phone number entries from SFB/AD.

Any other suggestions..? I greatly appreciate your help Leon :)

• Edited by Dubl-A Monday, August 6, 2018 5:34 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2018 5:21 PM
  • Happy Monday Leon!

So I changed the addressbookavailability to websearchonly and applied it to my mailbox. I even deleted the cache files in Appdata/../Lync, rebooted the PC and I still am not seeing the phone number entries from SFB/AD.

Any other suggestions..? I greatly appreciate your help Leon :)

After completing another Get-CsClientPolicy :Select addressbookavailability

I'm now receiving:

WebSearchAndFileDownload

WebSearchAndFileDownload

WebSearchOnly

When I run Get-CsClientPolicy -Identity CompanyClientPolicy

AddressBookAvailability : WebSearchOnly

How do I apply it to all my users?

• Edited by Dubl-A Monday, August 6, 2018 5:44 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2018 5:43 PM
  • If you want to apply it to all of your user just run following cmd.But if you have some site ,pool,user policy ,you could change it as well.

Set-CsClientPolicy -AddressBookAvailability WebSearchOnly  

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

• Marked as answer by Dubl-A Monday, August 13, 2018 7:09 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:52 PM
  • Hi Leon,

Thanks again for the reply! When I attempt to run the command you shared I receive this error:

set-csclientpolicy : The term 'set-csclientpolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
    or operable program.

Tried in Exchange PowerShell as Admin. 

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:24 PM
  • Hi Leon,

Any suggestions?
    Friday, August 10, 2018 3:34 PM