Outlook Tasks is getting deleted automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have O365 E3 and one of our users have critical issues with his tasks in Outlook. Every task he is creating and is setting a deadline to is getting deleted automatically during the next 12h and is found the next day in Deleted items. If he does not set a deadline the task remains in the taskfolder.

I have tried different solutions, new OST, another computer, create tasks in OWA but all the test tasks I created have been automatically deleted to Deleted items during the next 12h.

I hope somone have a solution this.

Best regards

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 8, 2017 2:19 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By "deadline" do you mean the "Due Date" of a task?

I noticed that you have tried creating tasks in OWA, when testing this, do you have Outlook running? Please keep Outlook closed when testing within OWA.

To my knowledge, Outlook doesn't provide a build-in option to automatically delete tasks. Do you have any add-in or VBA project in your Outlook which could cause this issue?

We may try starting Outlook in safe mode and see whether this issue continues in safe mode. To tart Outlook in safe mode, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 13, 2017 10:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by SweIT-123 Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:20 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By "deadline" do you mean the "Due Date" of a task?

I noticed that you have tried creating tasks in OWA, when testing this, do you have Outlook running? Please keep Outlook closed when testing within OWA.

To my knowledge, Outlook doesn't provide a build-in option to automatically delete tasks. Do you have any add-in or VBA project in your Outlook which could cause this issue?

We may try starting Outlook in safe mode and see whether this issue continues in safe mode. To tart Outlook in safe mode, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 13, 2017 10:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by SweIT-123 Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:20 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

Any update on this issue? 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi, the user was on vacation so I haven't been able to do some more tests but today he was back and I found an addin that I had missed and after I removed that his task stoped getting deleted.

The addin was from the software Bluebeam, we have over 100 users that uses Bluebeam but this guy was the only one that had this problem.

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:37 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 3:00 PM
  • Good for you! Glad to hear that you have found the root cause. Since this issue doesn't happen with other users, you may consider to reinstall the add-in and then see whether the issue continues.

By the way, could you help mark my reply as the answer if it helped? This will help other community members to quickly find the verified reply when they encounter a similar issue.

Thanks for the understanding and support.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:37 AM
  • I have also had this issue when creating task folders and then adding tasks.  I've lost many tasks to some kind of autodelte function as they are found in my delete folder.  Thanx...  Greg
    Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:48 PM