Mail flow from my organisation on premise server to office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Organisation have exchange  2016 on premise and recently just purchase office 365. We create some test to know that client on premise can send email to office 365 and also same from office 365 to on premise server. But after the test we found that client on premise not able to send email to office 365 same as the client from office 365. But, both test client able to send to external mail like hotmail or gmail from on premise and office 365. 

Is there something missing with configuration ? any how to, docs or reference will more help

Thank you, i really appreciate any kind information regarding this issue 

Sunday, July 17, 2016 2:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:52 AM
    Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Hi Sartaychik

Thank you for your information, i think we're not using hybrid. Any information 

Thanks

Monday, July 18, 2016 1:57 AM
  • To your concern, I will suggest you following Exchange deployment assistant and you should not have any problem further. This guide is available from Microsoft team and provides step-wise instructions by checking all the required prerequisites. Here you go - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn756393.aspx

Moreover, while it comes to migrate users mailboxes, you may also look into this Exchange migration tool which provides a hassle-free environment to accomplish the task without having downtime.

Monday, July 18, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi Sartaychik

Thank you for your information, i think we're not using hybrid. Any information 

Thanks

Nevertheless you must create send connector in your on-premise organization too like in hybrid.

scientia potentia est
    My blog

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi Ruslan,

Welcome to our forum.

In addition to above suggestions, configure mail flow in Exchange hybrid could be referred by the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms.exch.eac.connectorselection(v=exchg.150).aspx 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:52 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Hi Sartaychik

Hi Jim Xu

Thank a lot for the information, yes i have to create send connector on premise and set the accepted domain as internal relay. DNS should configure corrected with valid information

Thanks All, I really appreciate for the information 

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Hi Ruslan,

Is there any update for this thread?

If the above suggestions are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:09 AM
  • Thanks all

For the configuration we use connector, we skip the hybrid.

Thanks 

• Marked as answer by Ruslan Indra Sunday, September 4, 2016 3:58 PM
    Sunday, September 4, 2016 3:58 PM