Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Can I redirect USB port to a remote computer through RDP?

It is Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 10 Pro without a Server.

I tried the Group Policy Editor/Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Remote Desktop Services \ Remote Desktop Connection Client \ RemoteFX USB Device Redirection \ All RDP Redirection, setting with no result. Make changes from the RDP setup Local Resources/Local devices and resources/More/and check marked all the devices.

Thanks

Nay

• Edited by Nay Aung Monday, February 12, 2018 8:40 PM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Nay,

You need the drivers for the device to be installed also on the remote computer if you want it to be detected.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 12, 2018 10:28 PM
  • Hi,

1.Try to add the user to an administrator group.

2.Go to Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Remote Desktop Services \ Remote Desktop Session Host \  Remote Session Environment \ RemoteFX for Windows Server 2008 R2 \ Configure RemoteFX (Enable)

3.Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Remote Desktop Services \ Remote Desktop Session Host \  Device and Resource Redirection\ Do not allow supported Plug and Play device redirection(disable)

4.Make sure your machine is up to date, install the latest updates.

5.Then restart it.

Let me know the results after you tried these steps.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:21 AM
  • I tried that even though I thought the RemoteFX need a server, which I don't have.
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:16 PM
  • Yes the remote workstation has the driver too.

thanks

Nay

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:17 PM
  • that is the first GPolicy that I changed without any luck

thank you any way

Nay

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:18 PM
  • Hi Vivian,

I wonder if Microsoft forget to put the code for redirecting USB in windows 10 workstation?

thanks

Nay

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to perform a clean boot to disable the third-party software conflict and make sure your system is up to date.

Monday, February 19, 2018 8:12 AM